“Using Giant iTab’s as extra-large Smartphones for demonstrations in-store are a great help for customers and employees to become more acquainted and comfortable with the ABN AMRO mobile, online and digital banking possibilities available.
Our customers now feel confident to take care of their banking needs whenever and wherever they wish.”
Business Consultant Digitisation, ABN AMRO Retail
The digitisation of the financial sector, including the emergence of the hugely significant Financial Technology (‘FinTech’) market place, means that increasingly, traditional retail banks are looking to introduce new ways of banking; mobile, online and accessible 24 hours a day from a smart phone or tablet.
Whilst early adopting consumers and the millennial generation have quickly adapted to mobile banking, there still remains a huge number of people still unsure of using the technology and, especially in banking where information is highly confidential, they can be somewhat sceptical about its use.
This project was about bringing new mobile and digital technology into the traditional retail banking environment and demonstrating how easy it is to use them safely and securely. To do this, ABN AMRO created dummy accounts to be used with Giant iTabs for demo purposes across major branches of their bank in Holland.
- Place 20 or more Giant iTab’s into top ABN AMRO banks across the Netherlands
- Encourage mass migration from traditional retail banking to mobile
- Enable the Giant iTab’s to present the company’s online, mobile and digital suite of products, including Banking Apps, to customers visiting the bank
- Demonstrate the ease of use of the Apps on an everyday smartphone or tablet, using a giant version of the hand-held devices in 1-to-1 demos or workshops with larger groups
- Exactly replicate the online and mobile user experience … but on large scale
Improve customer service, feedback and recommendations through demo’s and presentations.
ABN AMRO spotted this immediately and used the Giant iTab solutions to present their online and mobile banking experience to staff and customers in group workshops. This meant staff & customers new to online banking and mobile Apps could see a demonstration, try it out for themselves, receive help, become comfortable with the experience and move over to mobile banking more comfortably.
It was, and continues to be, an excellent example of why the Giant iTab was created, and why it continues to receive global success to this day.